Info session recording:
Click here to view recording
What is Credit Recovery (CR)?
Georgia Cyber Academy’s summer, virtual credit recovery courses allow students who previously failed a required course to earn credit based on competency of the content standards through completion of required modules. Students must take the state EOC (end of course test) to earn a grade in all second semester EOC courses. Failure to complete the associated course EOC will result in an “incomplete”. * Maximum of 1 credit to be taken. Students can take a full credit in one course or two .5 credits in two separate courses.
Who is eligible to take Summer School?
Any student in need of credit recovery who is re-registered with GCA for SY1617.
* Note- Students/families will have access to view grades in IC next week and report cards will also be mailed out shortly. This will allow you to determine which courses, if necessary, are needed for credit recovery.
- Signing up does not guarantee placement.
- Seniors will have first priority in CR courses and will be placed first. Junior
- CR eligibility will be assessed based on course availability and the credit needs of the student.
- Tenth grade students may enroll in remaining slots based on credit need.
When is Summer School?
The summer credit recovery academy will occur June 14th – July 13th. All assignments are due by 4:00 pm on July 13, 2016. Mandatory attendance to all live Class Connect Sessions. Classes will be Monday – Thursday – Live sessions will be in the morning.
What is the Cost?
How do I sign up?
Students may self-identify for credit recovery by completing the Summer School Survey. Your counselor will contact you if you are NOT approved for a requested Credit Recovery/Summer School Course. If you are not contacted by your counselor then you have been approved for your requested summer school courses. The deadline to register for summer school is June 10th. You will be given information about your teacher and class connect schedule through kmail closer to the start of summer school.
Summer School Courses Offered:
- Physical Science*
- Earth Science
- World History
- US History
- 9th Literature*
- British/World Literature
- American Literature*
- Multicultural Literature
- Advanced Algebra
- Consumer Math
*EOC required for second semester course credit
Please do not miss this opportunity to catch up and get on track for graduation!
Use the following Link to sign up/register for Summer School Credit Recovery: Summer School Survey